Thanks to everyone who has been wishing me well on tomorrow's procedure but it's not going to happen. I spoke with Dr. Volm this afternoon and he has agreed to give me a one week postponement on getting my mediport implant and first round of chemo.
With the news last Friday, the second opinion yesterday and, frankly, the last three weeks being what they've been, I needed some time to come up for air. I am sure you all feel as anxious as I do to start attacking the cancer but I need to get some pieces of the puzzle in place before I begin treatment. I want to consult with a nutritionist, the social worker, a therapist, an acupuncturist, a homeopath, my favorite high school nun, etc. You get the idea. I want to have my team in place. Dr. Volm said it made no difference to wait so I will have the implant and first round of chemo on the 17th instead. Hey, that will be St. Patrick's Day. I didn't even consider that until I just typed it. Perhaps, I'll get a little bit of Irish Luck to go with my chemo or at the least a Guinness.
I will post more tomorrow but I'm wiped out. Nathan's already out cold. His cancer doesn't seem to have the insomnia side effect mine does. He's been such a trooper. This last round of chemo wasn't as bad but it still packed a punch. Thankfully, he didn't have the oxciliplatin so he didn't have that cold sensitivity to contend with. Tomorrow we will meet with his radiation oncologist, Dr. Karen Goodman.
Thanks for checking in.